Yes We Can Youth Clinics is one of the most successful youth clinics for young people aged 13 to 25 with mental health issues, addictions and behavioural problems. To continue our success and realise our growth ambitions, we are looking for a:
As a Case Manager at Yes We Can Youth Clinics you will be responsible for maintaining and improving Yes We Can’s outstanding reputation, helping families from all over the world to get their children back on track. The objective of this role is to assure all inquiries and admissions are to be handled with the best of care and for families to experience the services of Yes We Can as exceptional or beyond. You are responsible for the entire customer journey from A to Z.
What are you going to do?
- Introduce Yes We Can Youth Clinics to fellow (client) and family/carers
- Conduct motivational interviews with (future) fellows
- Communicate in-depth on all practical issues and (pre)conditions
- Determine (in part) suitability of the fellow for the Yes We Can Youth Clinics programme
- Coordinate and consult with the (clinical) treatment team and secretariat
- Support in setting up a feasible aftercare plan, timely informing all stakeholders
Who are you?
- Either you are successfully in recovery for at least 3 years or you have vast experience with someone close to you who suffers/suffered from complex mental health issues and/or addictions. Knowing the 12steps is an asset, living it even more
- You are fluent in English, both in writing and speech, preferably bi-lingual. Fluency in other languages is obviously a huge asset
- You possess the necessary qualifications plus a proven 5-year track record, preferably in a relevant industry in the private sector
- You are self-assured, full of energy and you make sure service levels always exceed expectations. Thanks to your empathic approach, you know how to make yourself indispensable within no time
- You like dynamic environments and you like to be challenged on targets
- You are representative, pure, inspiring and you effortlessly know which type of etiquette is needed when
- You have outstanding listening skills, you are skilled at analysing problems, you are result oriented, persuasive, take initiative and your knowledge of cultural diversity is a natural gift
- You understand that gaining absolute trust is your main objective
- You can be described as a warm, flexible, professional, structured and punctual
What’s in it for you?
Salary, of course. As well as holiday pay and days off. We start with a temporary contract and will be happy to enter into a permanent contract with you if we are happy with each other. You will also end up in a great team, if we do say so ourselves.
We then cordially invite you to apply. Do you have any questions about this vacancy? Then please contact our recruiters Sharon and Lucie via +31 (0)40 2110311. We are looking forward to your application.
Please note that upon employment a certificate of good conduct is required.
Further acquisition to this advertisement is not appreciated.